Mission and Values
BUILD’s mission is to use entrepreneurship to excite and propel disengaged, low-income students through high school to college success. Our program staff work with youth based on a set of Core Values and Guiding Principles.
- BUILD sees value and opportunity in marginalized youth that others often do not.
- BUILD views entrepreneurship as a vehicle to higher education, not an ultimate destination.
- BUILD matches high expectations for students with a “can-do” problem-solving approach.
- BUILD operates at the axis of absolute authority and unconditional love.
- The BUILD program is different from most high school programs.
Staff Guiding Principles
- Entrepreneurial Innovation
- Belief in the Power of Youth
- Relentless Pursuit of Excellence
- Strengthening the BUILD Family